Download2017 Annual Report pdf
Calling All Artist Members!
It's time to get down to work... we are now accepting submissions for the Leighton Art Centre's 17th Annual Juried Members Show, exhibiting April 20 - June 2, 2019!
What inspires you? Show us the best of your current work! Submitted works can include paintings, photographs, sculpture, textile & fine craft.
- All artists must be LAC Members to submit. To become a member or update your membership please visit our <<Membership Page>>.
- Each member may submit up to three works of art. All works must be original, have been produced within the past year, and be available for sale. All mediums are welcome, and there are no size restrictions.
- Leighton Art Centre receives 40% commission on all art sales.
- The 17th Annual Juried Members Show is juried by three local arts professionals including a working artist, a gallery manager, and a local curator. Work is judged on its uniqueness, skill, fulfilled intent, and presentation.
- To submit, please fill out the online form below. You will need to include high-resolution photographs of your work, and the Title, Size, Medium and Price for each submitted piece. Photographs of artwork that are too small to be seen on a large television screen, that are pixelated, blurry, include glare, or that are not true to the actual colour of the artwork will not be considered by the jury. Visit https://www.agora-gallery.com/advice/blog/2018/02/22/take-great-photos-artwork/ for tips on photographing artwork for submissions.
- Submitted images must be labeled ArtistLastname_title.jpg (e.g. daVinci_MonaLisa.jpg) and have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
- Accepted pieces must arrive at the LAC dry, framed, wired with d-rings, and ready to be hung on the wall or displayed on a plinth. Please, no sawtooth hangers.
Deadline to Submit: Sunday March 24, 2019 (No Exceptions)
Notice of Acceptance: Friday March 29, 2019
Artwork Drop Off: On or Before Saturday April 13, 2019 (No Exceptions)
Opening Reception: Saturday April 20, 2019 (2 - 4 pm)
Member Artist Sales
Leighton Art Centre Artists Members enjoy exclusive discounts and are encouraged to submit their artwork for an opportunity to show and sell in our Gallery Shop, be part of our annual Juried Member’s Show and Christmas in the Country Art Sale, and be considered to participate in the Clothesline Sale and Festival.
For more information on becoming an Artist Member, please visit our <<Membership Information Page>>. For further assistance, please contact LAC Gallery Shop Manager, Lindsay Corbet at email@example.com or 403.931.3633.
2020 Exhibition Season
The Leighton Art Centre invites submissions from artists, artist groups, and curators of all artistic backgrounds working in all genres, styles, and mediums for exhibition in 2020. We endeavor to provide a platform for artists at all levels of their artistic careers, as well as present diverse programming and a stimulating exhibition schedule that challenges, and appeals to, a wide audience.
The Leighton Art Centre preference is for exhibitions that are for sale, however, we are willing to work with artists and curators to pursue grant funding to cover fees for projects such as installations and non-commercial exhibitions. The LAC takes a commission of 40% on all sales. All exhibitions are organized by the LAC in coordination with the artist. Exhibitions run between 4 - 8 consecutive weeks.
Please apply using our online form. We recommend that you type out and save long answers in a word document, and have images readily available before copying them into the online form as you cannot save the online document prior to submitting.
For more details or assistance please contact LAC Director of Exhibitions, Stephanie Doll at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.931.3153
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: FRIDAY, JUNE 1, 2019
All applicants will be contacted by Friday, SEPTEMBER 6, 2019